Transasia supports COVID relief efforts – donates 200 BiPAP machines to several state governments along with 40 cell counters and 30 coagulation analyzers
Transasia Bio-Medicals Ltd., India’s Leading IVD Company has stepped up its efforts to augment the capacity of various state governments to provide timely oxygen support to their citizens. As India fights the second wave of
Transasia Bio-Medicals Ltd., India’s Leading IVD Company has stepped up its efforts to augment the capacity of various state governments to provide timely oxygen support to their citizens. As India fights the second wave of the pandemic, Transasia has swiftly arranged to provide 200 BiPAP machines, to be distributed to various COVID-dedicated hospitals across India. In lieu of the current shortage in the availability of these machines, Transasia has procured BiPAP machines from its global vendors.
Speaking on the initiative Mr. Vazirani, Founder Chairman, Transasia-Erba Group, said, “The second wave is devastating and is taking a toll on the healthcare system of our country. While we are hopeful that things will turn around for the country soon, I have also realized that just hope is not enough. Transasia remains committed to the health of Indians and through our small effort, we intent to reach out to those severely impacted and in urgent need. This is one of the several few initiatives and we intend to continue to use our resources and technology, to aid the Central and state health ministries.”
Transasia has already pledged the BiPAP machines to several beneficiaries through the state governments in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow and Raebareli), Rajasthan (Jaipur and Ajmer), West Bengal, Assam, Agartala, Maharashtra (Mumbai and Panchgani), Karnataka (Chikkamagaluru, Tumkur, Udupi, Chitradurga and Vijayapura), Telangana and Tamil Nadu. This initiative has been very well received by:
- Shri. Rajesh Tope, Minister of Public Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Maharashtra along with Shri. Rajendra Patil-Yadravkar, Minister of State for Public Health and Dr. Satish Sonawane, OSD, Health Department
- Smt. K.S. Latha Kumari, IAS, Managing Director, Karnataka State Medical Supplies Corporation Limited (KSMSCL) along with Dr. Nagendrappa, Dist. Health Officer, Tumkur,
Mr. D. C. Jagadeesha, Dy. Commissioner, Udipi and Smt. Kavita Mannikeri, Dy. Commissioner, Chitradurga
- Dr. V. Rambabu Naik, General Manager (Diagnostics), Telangana State Medical Services and Infrastructure Development Corporation (TSMSIDC)
- Smt. Kanchan Verma, IAS, Managing Director, Uttar Pradesh Medical Supplies Corporation Ltd. (UPMSCL) and Prof. Arvind Rajwanshi, Exec. Director & CEO and Mr. Saroj Kumar Singh, Dy. Director, AIIMS, Raebareli
- Dr. Raghu Sharma, Cabinet Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Rajasthan and Dr. Veer Bahadur Singh, Principal and Dr. Neeraj Gupta, Prof. & Head, Dept. of TB and Chest Infections, JLN Medical College, Ajmer
- Shri Ma Subramanian, Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Tamil Nadu along with Dr. T. S. Selvanvinayagam, Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, DMS Campus, Chennai
- Dr. Achyut Baishya, Principal cum Chief Superintendent and Dr. Sasanka Baruah, HOD, Urology, Guwahati Medical College and Hospital
- Mrs. Mahua Banerjee, IAS, Managing Director and Mr. Debashis Ghosh, Manager-Procurement, West Bengal Medical Services Corporation Ltd. (WBMSCL)
- Prof. Chinmoy Biswas, Director, Medical Education, Govt. of Tripura
In addition, Transasia is also providing 30 coagulation analyzers, ECL 105, to the Delhi government. ECL 105 aids in monitoring blood clotting in severe COVID patients. This will help the Doctors in estimation of D Dimer and other coagulation tests.
Similarly, in Tamil Nadu, along with the BiPAP machines, Transasia has donated 32 units of H 360, three part differential hematology analyzer and 5 and 3 units of H 560 and Elite 580 respectively, five part differential hematology analyzer. These equipment aid in monitoring disease severity in COVID patients. The total value of the donation from Transasia Bio-Medicals is more than Rs. 2.25 crores.
Severe COVID-19 causes significant numbers of patients to develop complex respiratory conditions. Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) machines are critical equipment for external support for patients who face difficulty in breathing.
For over four decades, Transasia has been manufacturing and offering sophisticated diagnostic instruments and test kits that aid in timely detection and intervention. Its COVID-19 IgG antibody test, RT PCR kit, and those for critical parameters such as D Dimer, CRP, Ferritin are being effectively employed by thousands of laboratories and hospitals all over India and in over 100 countries to monitor the progression of infection.