Chintan & Manthan Shivir (CMS) Outcomes from GMAAF
1. Proactive advocacy and advisory solution based and real time approach aligned with national socio-economic-medico imperatives and resource provision and allocation. 2. Charting out Road Map for transition from $12billion to earmarked $50 billion MedTech milestone
1. Proactive advocacy and advisory solution based and real time approach aligned with national socio-economic-medico imperatives and resource provision and allocation.
2. Charting out Road Map for transition from $12billion to earmarked $50 billion MedTech milestone in ongoing decade.
3. Communication, Coordination and Cooperation (3C approach) to enable industry’s informed decision vis a vis various institutional financial assistance and leverage it for financial inclusion and sustainability.
4. Building GMAAF intranet for consolidated and integrated data repository : Updating MedTech Industry on regulatory framework, notifications and amendments by GOI time to time to refer and follow. One
5. Rural MedTech Bank to Democratise the Medical Technologies to effectively meet and speed up endeavours towards UHC and SDG No. 3.
6. One Nation One MedTech Standardisation to enhance ease of doing business nationally and Internationally.
7. Phased incremental restriction on key imports to develop indigenous MedTech capability and capacity. Pandemic induced entrepreneurship and capacity building as use case for way forward.
8. Advocacy and advisory for sustained and time bound deliberations and engagement among MedTech ecosystem stakeholders to facilitate and build large MedTech-MSME manufacturing base.
9. Provision and Subsidise MedTech R&D investment to catch up with MedTech Next (Next Generation) and enhance globally competitive sustainability.
10. Pragmatic paradigm shift and/or calibration in Innovation approach, take improvisation route to innovation to make it commercially and sustainability aligned.
11. Develop more comprehensible and outcome and/or evidence-based MedTech advocacy & advisory approach to enable key policy makers to connect & corelate; and seek efficient and effective policy directives.
12. MedTech electronics to be holistically carved out as separate Critical Core Competency (3XC) sub-vertical to understand, align and develop supply chain approach with twin focus on current and future MedTech components requirement (SCM)imperatives to stay afloat and ahead in complex & competitive MedTech flux, and MedTech export.
13. Develop road map for economy of scale encompassing enhanced domestic MedTech consumption and export foot prints across global geographies having similar demographic-socio-economic-medico (healthcare infrastructure) profile like India.
14. IVD ecosystem enhanced focus on basic issues plaguing the sector, more capacity building initiatives to reduce import burden, both in the reagents & instrumentation areas.
15. Prioritized indigenization and democratization of basic but critical instrumentation like haematology, electrolyte’s, nephelometry, ABG analysers etc.
16. Ensure incremental foreign remittances through MedTech man power (biomedical engineers) employment & placement across global geographies, incentivised MedTech goods exports as well as services exports through teleconsulting (Digital OPDs) and Medical Value Tourism(MVT).
17. Position Indian MedTech ecosystem as Centre of Global OEM Excellence (CGOE)
18. Ensure larger industry contribution to national GDP